作品新创 银行存款

银行存款

分享

【新三才首发】

BANK ACCOUNT!
银行存款!

Thank you for your part in filling my Memory Bank.
我感谢你在我的记忆账户里存入的美好回忆。

something we should all remember.
我们都该记住的事。

A 92-year-old, Petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o’clock, with his hair fashionably combed and shaved perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.
今天一如往常,腰杆挺得直直,充满自信的盲人,92岁的派帝一早8点钟就穿得整整齐齐,头发梳得帅气十足,胡子刮得干干净净,出门前往养老院。

His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary. After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.
他的那位70岁的太太最近才刚过世使得老先生不得不搬家。在养老院大厅耐心地等待了好几个钟头之后一听到他的房间已经已经准备好他就露出和蔼的笑容。

As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his window.
在他忙着把他的导盲拐杖移到手扶梯之际我向他描述他的小房间的布置,包括挂在窗框上的窗帘。
I love it,’ he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.
『我很喜欢』他就像一个刚刚得到一只小狗狗一样兴奋的8岁小孩一般。

‘Mr. Jones, you haven’t seen the room; just wait..’
『琼斯先生,你还没有见到哪间房间呢;等一等再说罢。』

‘That doesn’t have anything to do with it,’ he replied.
『那倒没关系』他说。

Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time.
快乐是你预设的立场。

Whether I like my room or not doesn’t depend on how the furniture is arranged .. it’s how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it.
我喜欢不喜欢我的房间并不在于房间里面的家具如何布置而在于我的心态调整好没有。我已经决定我喜欢这间房间。

‘It’s a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice;
每天早上我一觉醒来就得做决定。我可以选择。

I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.
我可以躺在床上一整天不断地埋怨我躯体上已经失去功能的那些部份;我也可以跳起床来对于身体上还能管用的部份心存感激。

Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I’ll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I’ve stored away.. Just for this time in my life..
只要我能睁开双眼每天都是一份福气。我将专注于这个新的一天以及我储存在脑子里的快乐回忆,享受我人生中的这个时段。

Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you’ve put in.
年老的岁月就像银行存款。你存进去的是什么你提出来的就是什么。

So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories!
故此我给你的建议就是在你的记忆账户里存入大量的愉快回忆!

Thank you for your part in filling my Memory Bank.
我感谢你在我的记忆账户里存入的美好回忆。

I am still depositing.
我还在继续存入。

‘Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
请记住得到快乐的5个简单法则:
1. Free your heart from hatred.
1.不要再记恨在心。
2. Free your mind from worries.
2.不要忧愁。
3. Live simply.
3.生活力求简单。
4. Give more.
4.多多付出。
5. Expect less.
5.期待越少越好。

新三才记者金主编译【新三才编译首发 转载请注明新三才】

(责任编辑:香香)

留下一个答复

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here